12.9.05

Huaraz.
Had a wonderful day hiking to Churup lake at 4500m. It was not the piece of cake David and I expected it to be, with some quite steep rock climbing along a waterfall in the end. We experienced slight symptoms of altitude sickness - which was to be expected when you climb 1500 meters in a day. But I´m sleeping in Huaraz tonight at 3000 again, so no problem.
At one point on the trek, I discovered a lost my brand new camera. I run back like a crazyman and was able to find it. An hour later, exactly the same thing happened to David. Disorientation is one of the altitude sickness symptoms :-)
On the way back we met a pack of 4 Walloons, who are going to start the four day Santa Cruz trip with us together. From the trailhead we got a ride on an open truck, together with them. It was one of the most wonderful and fun rides ever.
The views were magnificent, but I´ll upload pics later to show that.
Getting up at 5.30 tomorrow, so I´ll leave it at this.

No comments: