10.9.05

Decided not to start trekking tomorrow yet, but to do a half day hike instead, to get more used to the altitude. On Monday then I will start the three or four day trek and won´t be able to update this blog for a while. I guess I´ve bought enough food for the trek now. Pasta, tomato sauce, soy meat, nuts, dried fruits, muesli... I´ve decided not to be a sissy and to carry my own backack. I think it weighs about 11 kg.

I have to say i´m really pleasantly suprised with the food here. There´s fake meat in the supermarkets! I counted at least four vegetarian restaurants in the small city I´m in now, and I´ve eaten some pretty good meals, for one or two dollars. Life is pretty cheap here. There´s some strange health consciouness going around here... There´s some sort of bars where you can get healthy drinks, and there´s lots of street stalls and carts advertising drinks that are protective against this and that disease...
Speaking of street sellers, it´s really sad to see sometimes how people are trying to eke out a living. They are selling everything on the streets, from toilet paper, disgusting candy, to Harry Potter and Codigo Da Vinci.

adios
T

No comments: