7.11.05

In the meantime I am wearing a new pair of glasses. Actually I only saw half of Machu Picchu - literally - cause the frame suddenly broke, in a badly timed timed case of metal fatigue, when I was vititing the ruins. So we got a new frame in Arequipa. Heather told me round frames, like I was wearing, went out of style like 10 years ago. Heather is American though and we Europeans dont think much of yankees where style is concerned, but since I myself am not known either for my taste in fashion, I decided to trust her and Johannas opinion and bought a square frame, for the ridiculously low price of 10 euros, cutting of my old lenses included.

One other fine example of Peruvian bureaucracy: in the bus terminal after paying half a sol for using the bathroom, I got... a receit. I shit you not.

No comments: