20.9.05

Aaargh, Huaraz...
Got up at 4am but half an hour later, at the trek agency, I heard the trek was canceled for today. They hadn´t been able to warn us because they didn´t know what hotel we were in. Apparently one of their groups had just turned back from another trek, and their minibus had been bombarded with stones by the strikers, making them very afraid. This is the second day of the strike and the agency doesn´t want to take the risk.

So I´m stuck here one more day, but there are worse places to be stuck in. Because this is kind of like paradise... At the risk of deterring the non-foodies from continuing to read this blog... food has everything to do with that. I guess I should call this blog tobiaseatinginperu. Anyway, so yesterday i went to the vegetarian restaurant again, had big soup, big plate with lentils, rice and seitan, and then went to eat at another restaurant with other friends. I had already been in that one, and that time I had ordered a BIG pasta (which was not really an option on the menu and which the guy made bigger especially for me) and had ordered another one after that. So when I came in this time, the guy recognized me and asked me ´do you want a big one again´and I say ´no thanks, normal, I´ve just eaten' :-) Damn, I´m such a glutton.
Soon I´ll go to Cafe Andino again and have another one of their heavenly breakfasts. Need to eat a lot on my last day before the trek - which I have been saying for three days now...

Perhaps some people may find it strange that I´m online so much, but when you travel for three months, you take your time and this blog serves as my personal diary. Also it´s obviously nice to be in touch with the homebase. I can do anything here: skype, webcamming, msn (add me at go_veggie@hotmail.com if you like).

No comments: