18.9.05



Around Huaraz
Another fun but exhausting day. We drove up the mountains of the Cordillera Negra with a little bus. On the roof were rented mountain bikes, with which we descended back to Huaraz. Most of the time we cycled downhill on dirtroads, but now and then we descended on very small and rocky tracks, where the descent was a lot more technical. Modesty forbids me to say I was the only one to dare to descend a very technical part with a lot of rocks and steps. Our guide, a very cool American dude, was apparently impressed, telling me ¨this is really your sport man!´.
All in all, it was a great experience. While going downhill on the easy parts we could appreciate the snow capped mountains of the Cordillera Blanca ahead of us. Kind of dead tired now.

I´m in a dilemma: shall I do the next trek with the guys or not? It´s the Cordillera Huyawash circuit, an 8 eight day long and very challenging trek. For one thing I feel I haven´t really rested enough, taken a real holiday, as everything was kind of physically intense so far, and 8 days is very long. On the other hand, now that I´m here... and this is one of the classic treks in the world (rated the third most beautiful, and the best in South America, I heard someone say). We´d leave on Monday but I need to make a decision soon because we have to get the burros and the arriero. Veremos...

No comments: