18.9.05

Huaraz, rest day and preparation for the trek.

I decided to start the Huayhuash circuit tomorrow and will be back the next Monday. If you´d like to know more about the trek, see http://www.i-needtoknow.com/huayhuash/index.html. It sounds quite scary from this page, but we´ve met enough people who´ve done it and I´m sure we´ll be fine.

Yesterday night I attended a church service, to get soaked into some more culture. Weird spectacle. The seats were plastic garden chairs, and in front were drums, big microphones, keyboards... There was a veeeeeery long talk by someone - guess it was not a priest - which I understood only for 30 percent. Then this same guy started to talk for fifteen minutes in a weird language, I can only guess Hebrew. As if he was excorcizing devils or something. All of a sudden, he started to cry, I don´t know for what reason. It kept on and on and I left before the service was finished.

Health flash: apart from the pain that I had in my neck and higher back, I have no problems. Crap is looking OK. Just some blood when I blow my nose - dunno what that means - and a slight cold. I guess I´m pretty safe, not eating animal products.

Yesterday on the road up the mountains, they were playing Let it Be in the car. It struck me for the first time what a wonderfully wise song this is, and that to let it be might just be the biggest thing one can ever learn in life.

Thought of this: ´Wherever we are, we are on our way home´
Would this get me in the Oxford Quotations Dictionary? :-)

See you all later!

Tobias

No comments: